So this is how a Twitter storm works:
- Within a set period of time, all of us tweet using the same hashtag
- There will be a set of tweets ready beforehand, if possible, in multiple languages.
- We can copy-paste them, or use a 2 click link that will make it easier for us to tweet them
- You will get this document on the day
- Since we have some time, do not wait for the document! Please prepare your own 10-15 tweets beforehand.
(It helps mitigate spam, trust us!)
What are the mandates?
- The hashtags
- The tweets have to be under 280 characters including the hashtags, and 2-3 important handles
- Use images, that helps you tag 10 people!!!
- Whenever you Quote RT someone else’s tweets on the day, use the hashtags as a caption
- Do not abuse, use hateful language, or call for any violence. This is a peaceful digital-strike
- Do not use the hashtag BEFORE the event. Use only during.
- Do not tweet more than 5 tweets every minute and not more than 15 per hour
- You can Retweet and like as many as you want.
- Threads are better than tweets- threads with photos and people tagged are even better! A thread is basically a series of tweets done after the other.
- Try and use different tones and angles of the issue to communicate the same thing. You can use a fact, a meme, a video or a gif!
Sign up for our Newsletter and